Summer Shorts 2017
Seeking Summer Shorts 10-Minute Scripts!It's time for our annual Summer Shorts call for scripts!
We are seeking 8 original ten-minute plays for our Summer Shorts production, which will be presented at the Orlando Shakespeare Center's Santos Dantin Studio Theater.
Please check out the guidelines before submitting. We look forward to seeing your plays!
- Submissions will be accepted April 1st through May 1st. Please submit no more than 2 plays per writer. There is no charge to submit a play. Writers WILL receive a small stipend of $25 for being selected, and if possible will be provided video copies and photography of the event for their records.
- Plays should be 10 pages long, or approximately 10 minutes. Plays must be original, previously unproduced works. Plays that have been previously workshopped, presented as a staged reading, or have not been locally (Orlando) produced are acceptable.
- Scripts should be properly formatted and submitted electronically in .DOC (MS Word 2003), DOCX (Word 2007 and later) or PDF format. Please number the pages. Other file types are acceptable, but we may ask you to convert them to a new file type if we can't open them.
- Please send TWO copies of your script - one with full authorship information, and one "blind" copy, which omits the name (this is the copy our readers will see). Please include the following information on the title page of your main submission: name, e-mail address, contact phone number, city/country of residence, and a brief synopsis of the play. You may also include a resume or CV, in a separate attachment from the play submission.
- The selected plays will be performed in a small 60-seat black box, so please keep your set requirements very simple. Remember that 8 plays will be presented in one evening, so plays that have minimal tech and set requirements are preferred.
- Plays should be emailed to email@example.com. The deadline for consideration for the script call is 12:00 AM on May 1st. If you experience difficulty e-mailing scripts or attachments to this address, as a backup, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Selected playwrights will be notified via email, and granted the option of being produced. If the playwright is not currently a PRT Member, they are required to join PRT prior to production for a minimum of one season. However, the basic membership is free. If the playwright does not join, the play will be replaced in the lineup.
We look forward to your submissions. Good writing, everyone!